If I set aside this last month that has thrown me into a blue funk…and refocus on where I was headed before May 1st… I can set myself back up in happiness.
I am excited about going back to school and following my dreams. My visions include living back in the PNW and enjoying the quality of life that being close to the mountains brings for me. My life is abundant yet simpler. My time is spent enjoying life…and my passion…not working for a mortgage and stuff.
We all go through periods where life wears us down. The question is do we stay down? When you choose to stay in the blue funk then your life is one long string of the blues. I am sure that I could write a song that would be perfect for some country singer.
It’s been exactly a month since my Dad died…and my life has changed significantly. I am now the primary care giver for my Mom who has extremely limited vision. There isn’t anything that I wouldn’t do for her…I was just unprepared to be in this role. But it is what it is and I need to both make the best of it for her…and for me. Life goes on.
Are you finding yourself struggling to get out of the darkness? You are not alone! Getting out of bed has been a challenge…but it’s one foot in front of the other. I’m acting “as if” this is my comfort zone. To do otherwise means to be overwhelmed and that doesn’t do any of us any good either.
It’s important to break life down into segments and work on them one at a time. When we take on too much nothing gets done or if it does it doesn’t get done well.
Right now my focus is on my Mom. We are getting her adaptive aides to help her be more functional in her own home…besides getting her comfortable living alone. (Ok the real beauty here is that she lives 100 yards from my back door.) Once I am comfortable that Mom has what she needs and we are into a routine then I can move on to me.
I have pushed my start date for school back another 30 days. I want to be successful and right now there is too much on my plate. I’m ok with that. Once that routine is in place I can focus on finding a way to move back north and selling our home. OK I have a plan! And that sure feels better than being stuck in my blue funk.
The Simple Steps to work out of the darkness and back into the light start here:
- Make a list of your goals or responsibilities. These include both what you want to do and those things that you must do.
- Prioritize & sequence what you need to do 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Anything that isn’t in the top three gets to wait. You can reorder after you accomplish your first two – three tasks.
- Start with the first one and list out the steps that need to occur to accomplish this task. Within each task you are going to prioritize the top tasks.
- Once you tick off what you have accomplished you can work your way down your list to the next goal or responsibility.
- As you accomplish each task on your list celebrate your progress! Celebrating is just as important as accomplishing!
Nothing feels better than that forward motion in pursuit of your goals & dreams! Don’t wait. It’s time to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get on with living your dreams!
Let’s take this journey together!